Your main tasks and responsiblities
As a Strategic buyer you are, independently, responsible for the purchase of technical components for the development and production of stair lifts. You are particularly closely involved with new developments (R&D), but also with changes and improvements to the product.
As a Strategic buyer you have the following (main) tasks/responsibilities:
- Connecting at an early stage with development processes to determine the procurement need and strategy;
- Purchasing technical components with the best possible price/quality ratio;
- Sourcing and negotiating with suppliers from the design phase up to and including the scaling up to serial production;
- Maintaining contact with and visit suppliers national and abroad, assessing purchasing conditions and making a pre-selection of suitable suppliers;
- Ensuring compliance with strict quality and safety certifications by suppliers;
- Identifying relevant price developments on the world market and risks related to availability;
- Periodically reporting figures and results to group management.
In this position you report to the international group director of purchasing. You also have very close communication with local management, R&D engineers, operational purchasing, production and logistics. It is a stand-alone function in Heerhugowaard with a lot of self-responsibility and autonomy.
You are traveling approximately 20% of your time.
Who are we looking for?
If you can combine your technical expertise with your experience as a purchasing professional, you are the perfect candidate for this position.
You recognize yourself in the following matters:
- HBO background and experience, technical education;
- Demonstrably experience with technical (parts) purchasing (like metal components, fabrications and or electro mechanical assemblies) within an international environment;
- Experience with project management within an R&D environment;
- Experience in working within an international group and a matrix structure.
- You speak and write English fluently. A second foreign language is a big plus.
In addition, your personality is at least as important:
- You can communicate excellently and function as a connecting factor between international management, R&D, purchasing and operations;
- You are result-oriented and you have a great sense of responsibility;
- You are more than excellent at working independently and you have a proactive work attitude.
What do we offer?
- A responsible, challenging position in a complex and international organization;
- Good employment conditions;
- Excellent accessibility and hardly any traffic jams in the Alkmaar-Heerhugowaard region;
- Good accessibility to Schiphol within 45 minutes.
About the company
Our offering encompasses a comprehensive range of straight and curved stairlifts, transfer, lifting and repositioning aids, vehicle accessibility products and solutions and medical equipment. Approximately 70 percent of our sales are for care in the home, ‘Homecare’ and the reminder for hospitals and institutions, ‘Institutional’.
Handicare is a global company with sales in more than 20 countries and are a market leader in this field. The head office is in Stockholm, Sweden and manufacturing and assembly are located at six sites distributed across North America, Asia and Europe. We are approximately 1,150 employees. In 2018, revenue totalled MEUR 290,9.